Thursday, March 28, 2013

NCAA Tourney: My Picks (Sweet 16/Elite 8)


Well ladies and gentlemen March Madness started last week and I didn't post my picks (shame on me). So I had to make sure I posted my picks for the Sweet 16 and beyond. College basketball fans wait every year for - the excitement - ,the upsets and Cinderella stories that make up the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament and there were a few  in the first round but I don't see any taking place in this round. Well..#1 Kansas will fall and  the stories of La Salle (#13) and Florida Gulf Coast (#15) has grasped our attention and some of those that like to root for the underdog are predicting upsets ....but not me. First of all the fact that #13 La Salle is playing a #9 seed Witchita State doesn't fascinate me. If La Salle win it isn't an upset to me. But whatever. 

I have highlighted the team  I chose to win between the two. I have Syracuse, Ohio State, Kansas, and Louisville coming out of their Region and into the final four.

Let's get it started (fist pump)!



NOTE: I will begin discussion of the Women Tourney when they reach the Championship because at this point it doesn't matter...it's Baylor versus Somebody.




SOUTH
#4 Michigan v # 1Kansas
#15 Florida Gulf Coast v #3 Florida









WEST
#6 Arizona v #2 Ohio State
#13 La Salle v #9 Witchita State


 

EAST
#3 Marquette  v  #2 Miami (FL)
#4 Syracuse v #1 Indiana







MIDWEST
#12 Oregon v #1 Louisville
#3 Michigan State v #2 Duke








Click here to "Like"  The Beauty of Sports

No comments: