Thursday, March 15, 2012

NCAA Tourney Kickoff: My Picks

First round was qualifyng games only

Ladies and gentlemen it's about that time! The kickoff to March Madness officially begins today and The BOS has set her first round picks! Basketball fans wait every year for - the excitement - ,the upsets and Cinderella stories that make up the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament and there are many in the first round (according to me). I have highlighted my chosen upsets and the team I name first in the matchup is the team I chose to win between the two. I have UK, Ohio State (originally Syrc but with the lose of Fab Melo..smh ain't gon happen), Missouri, and UNC in the final four. I have UNC winning it all!

Let's get it started (fist pump)!


NOTE: I will begin discussion of the Women Tourney when they reach the Sweet16.


SOUTH
#1 Kentucky v #16 W Kentucky
#9 Uconn v #8 Iowa St
#12 VCU v #5 Witchita St
#4 Indiana v #13 New Mexico St
#6 UNLV v #11 Colorado
#3 Baylor v #14 S. Dakota St
#7 Notre Dame v #10 Xavier
#2 Duke v #15 Lehigh


EAST
#1 Syracuse v #16 UNC-Ash
#9 So Miss v #8 Kansas St
#5 Vanderbilt v #12 Harvard
# 4 Wisconsin v#13 Montana
# 6 Cincy v #11 Texas
#3 Florida State v #14 St. B'nvntre
# 10 W Virginia v #7 Gonzaga
#2 Ohio St. v #15 Loyola MD

WEST
#1 Michigan St v #16 LIU
#9 St. Louis v #8 Memphis
#12 Long Beach St v #5 New Mexico
#4 Louisville v #13 Davidson
#6 Murray St v #11 Colorado St
#3 Marquette v #14 BYU
#7 Florida v #10 Virginia
#2 Missouri v #15 Norfolk



MIDWEST
#1 UNC v #16 Vermont
#9 Alabama v # 8 Creighton
#12 USF v #5 Temple
#4 Michigan v # 13 Ohio
#11 NC State v # 6 SDSU
#14 Belmont v #3 G'Town
#10 Purdue v #7 St. Mary
#2 Kansas v #15 Detroit

Click here to "Like"  The Beauty of Sports

No comments: